Lord above, Spirit within,
Today, I pray for myself.
I pray that I am moved by the Spirit to learn and grow from the jealous and envious person I have become, to have the bitterness replaced in my heart with love and hope for you and others.
Father, I pray that I can draw on your grace from every direction in every circumstance.
I pray that I learn from your Word to be a woman for You, to honor You in the best way I can, in my presence on Earth, to be filled with interactions that allow people to know You through me. I pray that I can be enough not for myself but for you.
I pray for rest.
Today, I pray for others.
I pray for the intimate relationships I have with people, past, present, and future, and that they may be filled with you and your love.
I pray for the strength needed to have honest and real conversations, to be in real relationships with others. I pray for others to do the same.
I pray that you will fill my heart to be a forgiving person, a caring person, one who can be supportive and uplifting and generous.
I pray that you open doors for these relationships to grow, heal, transform, and change in whatever way You need, and that you help me to know how to be the best I can be for these people.
Today, I pray for every person I am in contact with throughout the day, the good and the bad and the enjoyable and the hard ones.
I pray that they find peace, whatever that might be, and that they see Your light through me.
I pray that you give me the correct words and allow me to be in tune enough to realize when I can help someone or when I should walk away.
I pray that you move my spirit to know which path to take.
Today, I pray for the world, every person and animal and organism.
I pray that the destruction of our world shifts, that the pain we cause for ourselves comes to an abrupt end, that our hearts will know that you created every speck of this world with your divine image; that it is all perfect, and all we have to do is love our neighbors.
I pray that you help others to see your goodness in the brokenness, that there might be darkness but then there are still blessings.
I pray for healing, forgiveness, and restorative justice. I pray that we can all learn to listen for your callings, to see your presence, to know your blessings, regardless of race, religion, sexuality, economic status, privilege, because you made us those things to be unique for You, one of a kind, made from the same hands that made the grass and the sand and the sea.
Lord, I pray these things in your name,
We always want to know: How can we be praying for you?
[I like to participate in several prayer practices, including devotionals, guided prayer topics, etc. While studying Servant Leadership, I learned several other ways to pray outside of praying for myself and my needs. One of those ways is how I prayed today… it is called the 4 Breath Presencing Practice which allows us all to engage in nurturing heart-consciousness and is inclusive of all religious beliefs. It doesn’t ask you to call upon one god, but rather what you believe in, and puts you in touch with an internal place that we hardly reach in the noise of our daily lives. I will type the practice below.
– Sit with your eyes closed and in a comfortable position. Take deep, steady breathes throughout this process.
– First, bring to mind all that makes up your Oneness, your physical, emotional, cognitive, and spiritual self. Inhale from all directions, drawing in all the Blessings and Grace you are in most need of. Pause; purify your heart. Exhale in all directions into every sphere of your spiritual, emotional, cognitive, and physical body system.
– Second, bring to mind all that makes up your Oneness, all your needs, and those needs of all whom you love – spouse, children, parents, grandchildren, siblings, etc. Inhale from all directions, drawing in all the Blessings and Graces that all of you and they are in most need of. Pause; purify those needs in your heart. Exhale in all directions, healing and blessings, to all whom you love.
– Third, bring to mind all that makes up your Oneness, all of your needs, and the needs of all whom you love, and now include all whom you know and have known, all with whom you are in relationship with, and interaction with, even those you might not care for; include relatives, colleagues, associates and community members. Inhale from all directions drawing in all the Blessings and Grace that you and they are all in most need of. Pause; purify those needs in your heart. Exhale in all directions healing and blessings to all whom you serve.
– Fourth, Bring to mind all that makes up your Oneness, your needs, and the needs of all whom you love, include all whom you know and have known, all whom you are in relationship with and interact with, and now include all people (even those who may want to harm you), all animals, and all other living things, all of whom you serve, and even the earth itself. Inhale, drawing in the Blessings and Graces that they all are in most need of. Pause; purify those needs in your heart. Exhale in all directions healing and blessings to all whom you serve in your family, in community, all people and living things, and the earth itself and beyond.]